Now Easier to Implement and Manage Than Ever Before
Ojo Technology provides a variety of solutions to restrict access to a building, a room or a property to authorized individuals. An access control system determines who is allowed to enter or exit, which areas they can enter, and what times of the day they are permitted to enter and exit. While keys and locks were historically used to accomplish this process, the new IT-based systems can enable remote management, badging and tracking.
Here are just a few of the features available:
- Computer, browser-based software that can generate reports on specific areas and pass-holder activity, and be incorporated into your network.
- Access systems that can include keycards, fobs, keypunch codes, biometrics and even facial recognition.
- Software that can integrate with video surveillance systems to provide visual confirmation in case of lost or stolen credentials.
- Access systems that can be installed using both wired and wireless connectivity.
- Central management of multiple buildings and locations, using the Internet and standard browsers.
- Systems that have built-in video and intercom capabilities to manage access for service vendors and members of the general public.
- Real-time tracking in cases of emergency, such as fire or other dangers, that can help locate missing employees.
- Management of access systems through mobile electronics such as smart phones and tablet PCs.
- Programmable alerts for unauthorized entry attempts, or when a door is forced open or held open too long after being unlocked.
UPGRADE WITH EXISTING COMPONENTS
If you want to move up to a newer access control system, but don’t want to discard the keypads, controllers and locks on pre-existing doors, you can often make that transition using your existing door hardware and swapping out the software and head-end controller. This is possible because of standardized components such as readers and control panel circuits that exist in many of the current installations. Several open-platform manufacturers can assimilate pre-existing systems as part of new expansions and renovations.
The staff at Ojo Technology has been creative in making recommendations for us to pursue our vision of a centrally-managed security network that combines cameras from common areas and tenant properties. This is a complex and challenging environment, but Ojo has tackled each issue with professionalism and a problem-solving attitude. They have thoroughly evaluated each potential hot spot and selected the most appropriate solutions, using the open video
management software platform from OnSSI. […]
Our new camera and video files have already become crime-solvers. We’ve used video evidence to assist our internal security patrols and local police in arresting suspects connected with burglary and theft.
Ojo Technology has consistently demonstrated its deep knowledge of IP networks and state-of-the-art security hardware and software. In our view, this makes Ojo a true integration specialist and not just an installer. They clearly value long-term relationships with their customers, because they have always been responsive to our calls and questions. The strongest recommendation I can provide is that Ojo is using cutting-edge technology and devotes the resources to guarantee that all of the challenges associated with new technology are resolved and that the system operates efficiently with no down time. Ojo’s customer service is excellent, responding to questions and brainstorming new design ideas literally 24/7.Alan Hersh